Direct to content
Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland

Visas and entry permits to Finland - Embassy of Finland, Warsaw : Visas and entry permits to Finland


Ul. Fr. Chopina 4/8
00-559 Warszawa, Poland
Tel: +48 22 598 9500, Fax: +48 22 621 3442
Polski | Suomi | Svenska | English |  |  |  | Instagram

Entry to Finland


Customer service

Tel: +48-22-598 9500
Fax: +48-22-621 3442, 629 3442

Customer Service:
Mon-Fri 9.00-12.00

Contact the embassy in advance for applying a residence permit

Please kindly make an appointment with the Embassy when applying for a residence permit to Finland, tel. + 48 22 598 9500.

A Visa to visit Finland

Citizens of Poland, like other EU-citizens, do not need visa for travelling to Finland.
In connection with the Schengen-agreement the Embassy only grants visas in exceptional cases.

Schengen visa

Finland joined the Schengen agreement on March 25, 2001.

  • Schengen countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
  • Schengen countries agreed about the rules concerning the movement of third-country nationals in their territories and decided which countries' citizens are required to present a visa. Furthermore, each Schengen State has decided which travel documents citizens of different third countries have to present upon entering the country.

A visa issued by one Schengen State entitles its holder to travel and stay in territories of all Schengen States. Nationals of a country subject to a visa requirement must have a visa when travelling to the territory of Schengen States. If a traveller has a residence permit issued by one of the Schengen States, he or she does not need a visa while travelling in the Schengen territory.

Residence permit

Citizens of Poland, like other EU-citizens, can stay in Finland for a period of three months without applying for a residence permit. As of 1 January 2017, register your right of residence at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service. More information available at the website of the Finnish Immigration Service.

Residence permits for non-EU citizens

Other foreigners, who stay in Finland longer than three months (for work or study), must apply for a residence permit through the Embassy of Finland before arrival in Finland.

Applying for a residence permit for studies (Finnish Immigration Service)

© Embassy of Finland, Warsaw | About this site | Contact information